Skip to main content

Faults and emergencies

I’ve been issued a fault notice/inspectors advice note. What is it and what do I do?

If you have received an Inspector’s Advice or Fault Note this means there is an issue beyond the meter box with your existing electricity supply or that additional work is required before your property can be energised. In both instances, you should engage the services of a licensed electrical contractor to rectify the issues identified. 

Your electrical contractor should complete the Advice or Fault Note to confirm the work has been carried out and return it to us. Your electrical contractor must provide you with an Electrical Safety Certificate within 28 days of completing the electrical work, certifying that the work has been checked and tested, is safe, compliant and completed to a trade finish.

Find a list of licensed electrical contractors.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Fill in the form below or view our contact details to get in touch.

* Indicates a mandatory field.

Get in touch

Residential Account Enquiries:
1800 267 926
(8 am - 5 pm weekdays)

Business Account Enquiries:
1800 737 036
(8 am - 5 pm weekdays)

View all contact details