Skip to main content

Changes to the way permanent caravan park residents receive energy concessions

The Department of Finance, Office of State Revenue has taken responsibility from Horizon Power for the administration and payment of energy concessions to eligible permanent caravan park residents who do not have an account with Horizon Power. This includes the Energy Assistance Payment (previously known as the Cost of Living Assistance Payment (CoLA)), the Air Conditioning Rebate and the Dependent Child Rebate.

Permanent caravan park residents need to apply to the Department of Finance’s Energy Concession Extension Scheme to continue to receive any or all of these concessions. To be eligible, applicants must be a permanent resident of the caravan park and hold a means-tested Commonwealth concessions card. Please note that the WA Seniors card is not an acceptable concession card.

Permanent caravan park residents can apply online at from 1 December 2015. If online access is not readily available, a paper application form can be requested from the Office of State Revenue by calling 9262 1486; however, please note that applying online is the quickest way to receive a payment.

Under the Energy Concession Extension Scheme, the frequency of payments will change from six monthly to a once per year payment to cover a full 12 month period. The first payment, following approval of an application, will be for the period 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016 (i.e. for the 2015-16 claim year). Concession payments will be made by electronic funds transfer directly to a nominated bank account.

 Payments will commence in December 2015 and typically will be made within six weeks from receipt of your application.

If you have any questions, please visit the Office of State Revenue website at or call 9262 1486.