High Load Movement Authorisation Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions apply to the application process for an Authorisation from Horizon Power and shall form part of any Authorisation granted by Horizon Power unless specifically excluded in writing by an authorised representative of Horizon Power. By submitting an Application, the Applicant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions
2. Definitions. In these terms and conditions the following words have the following meaning:
“Applicant” means the person or entity that submits an Application.
“Application” means an application submitted by an Applicant to Horizon Power for Authorisation to move a High Load.
“Authorisation” means a High Load Movement Authorisation granted by Horizon Power if an Application is accepted by Horizon Power.
“Business Days” means Monday to Friday, except public holidays in Perth, Western Australia.
“Consequential Loss” includes loss of production, loss of revenue, loss of profit (or anticipated profit), loss of business reputation, business interruptions of any nature and loss of opportunities.
“Escort” an escort vehicle or similar measure required by Horizon Power to ensure the safe passage of a High Load through Horizon Power’s electrical network.
“High Load” means the load described in the Application.
3. Authorisation processing. Horizon Power does not guarantee that an Application will be approved. The Applicant will be notified of the outcome of its Application. The Applicant must allow at least 3 Business Days for processing of the Application and up to 15 Business Days where Horizon Power considers that Escorts and surveys may be required in relation to the movement of the High Load.
4. Period of Validity: An Authorisation will only be valid for the duration specified on the Authorisation, which will not in any circumstance exceed:
(a) 6 weeks from the date of Authorisation, for a High Load that does not require an Escort; and
(b) 1 week from the date of Authorisation, for a High Load requiring an Escort.
5. Application Fee: An administration fee in the amount of $152.63 is payable by an Applicant in respect of an Application. The Applicant will not be entitled to a refund of the fee if the Application is not approved.
6. Escorts: Horizon Power may require a High Load to be accompanied by an Escort in order to assist in the safe movement of the High Load through Horizon Power’s electrical network. The requirement for an Escort (if any) will be specified in the Authorisation. The Applicant is responsible for ensuring that it complies with any requirements for Escorts specified in the Authorisation.
7. Force Majeure. Horizon Power shall not be liable to the Applicant for any loss, damage or expense or delay caused by or attributable to any cause or event which is not reasonably within the control of Horizon Power, including (without listing the generality of the foregoing) Acts of God; strikes; lockouts; stoppages or restraints of labour or other industrial disturbances; war, acts of public enemies, riot or civil commotion or sabotage; fire, explosion, earthquake, landslide, flood, washout, lightning, storm or tempest; breakdown or an accident to plant, machinery, equipment, lines or pipes howsoever caused; failure of suppliers to supply equipment or machinery; and restraints, embargoes, other actions of any government, shortages of labour or materials, delays or loss due to pandemic or epidemic.
8. Application Modification.
(a) Subject to item 8(c) below, an Application that has not yet been approved may be modified by Horizon Power as required. The Applicant will be notified of any modifications made to the Application after it has been submitted but prior to granting of the Authorisation.
(b) Once an Application has been approved and an Authorisation has been granted in respect of a High Load movement, the details of the High Load movement cannot be amended. Where any amendments are required to a granted Authorisation, including, but not limited to the amendment of load height, weight, length, start location, end location, route or Escort date and/or time of a High Load movement will require a new Application to be submitted.
(c) Nothing in these terms and conditions limits Horizon Power’s ability, acting reasonably, to request that a new Application be submitted.
9. Loss. The Applicant indemnifies Horizon Power for any damage to any of Horizon Power’s assets or infrastructure, or any costs or loss suffered or incurred by Horizon Power caused or contributed to by the Applicant or otherwise in connection with the movement of the High Load. Neither party is liable to the other for Consequential Loss.
10. Application of Acts and By-Law. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit the operation or effect of any legislation, subordinate legislation or directions from any government agency, including Horizon Power.
11. Additional Charges. The Applicant is responsible for any costs associated any Escort required by Horizon Power under item 6. Such costs are in addition to the fee described in item 5.
12. Assumptions. Horizon Power assumes that the information provided within the Application is correct, accurate and reliable. . The Applicant indemnifies Horizon Power for any loss suffered or incurred by Horizon Power arising out of any incorrect or inaccurate information being included in the Application.
13. Approvals, authorisations and permits. The Applicant acknowledges and agrees that it is responsible for obtaining all other necessary approvals, authorisations and permits required in order to move the High Load (including, but not limited to, a permit or order required to drive a Restricted Access Vehicle from Main Roads Western Australia).
14. Compliance. Horizon Power may impose conditions on an Authorisation and the Applicant must comply with any such condition(s).
15. Third Party Networks. The Applicant acknowledges and agrees that:
(a) Horizon Power is not responsible for notifying the Applicant of the location of, or the details (including overhead line heights) associated with, any electricity network infrastructure owned by entities other than Horizon Power (Third Party Networks) that may exist in the area of a proposed High Load movement;
(b) Horizon Power is not responsible for organising an Escort for the Applicant, for Third Party
Networks for a proposed High Load movement; and
(c) the Applicant is responsible for making its own enquiries and organising the required permissions or Escorts in relation to any Third Party Networks for a proposed High Load movement.